About Night Guards
Snoring affects the quality and quantity of sleep, disturbs sleeping partners and others in close proximity, and can be a source of embarrassment. Snoring stems from air that can’t move freely through the nose and throat while a person sleeps. This causes the surrounding tissue to vibrate, which leads to that unmistakable snoring sound. Ron Barry, D.M.D. in Del Mar, CA offers the Silent Nite sl device to effectively treat snoring and provide relief for you and your partner. Relieving snoring can lead to more restful sleep and better relationships. Call our office today to schedule an appointment with seasoned dentist Dr. Ron Barry.
"Great staff! Dr. Barry and staff are very friendly, and I really enjoy my conversation with them. I had my best filling here!"- ?. / Google / Apr 01, 2021
"Kimberly, Matt: high quality work and the best dental service in my life."- R.U. / Google / Jan 13, 2021
"The whole office staff and experience is genuinely friendly and professional. Ron is so personable, it makes a visit to the dentist feel stress free!"- J.M. / Google / Jan 12, 2021
"Best Dentist I've ever been to, and they staff is also incredible. Everyone is friendly, very professional, and knowledgeable. I don't dread going to the dentist anymore!"- K.G. / Google / Dec 19, 2020
"This is the best office and staff ever! Dr. Berry is awesome! Everything runs well and is state of the art. Great job!!!"- M.M. / Google / Nov 04, 2020
Ideal candidates are men and women who suffer from loud snoring and desire some relief. Snoring can be caused by a number of issues. These can include:
- Sleep apnea – a breathing obstruction where breathing is temporarily halted and causes the sleeper to wake up throughout the night to resume normal breathing.
- Age – middle-aged and older patients tend to snore more since the throat narrows and the throat’s muscle tone decreases.
- Weight – overweight people have more fatty tissue and poor muscle tone in the throat, which contributes to snoring.
- Heredity – some patients inherit traits that increase the incidence of snoring, such as narrower airway passages, a narrow throat, and more.
- Sinus and nasal problems – when the airways are blocked or the nose is stuffy, snoring is more likely to occur.
- Substances – drinking alcohol, smoking, and taking certain medications can cause a higher incidence of snoring.
What to Expect
Snoring can be greatly helped with the use of the Silent Nite sl device. This guard helps keep the airways open and brings the tongue and/or lower jaw forward while sleeping for better breathing and less snoring. Dr. Barry will create a mold of your mouth to provide a custom fit that is comfortable and functional. Our practice also offers treatment for those who suffer from sleep apnea. During your private consult, be sure to talk to Dr. Barry about all your questions and concerns so he can go over your treatment options.
Keeping the air moist in the bedroom with a humidifier can add needed moisture to aid in easier breathing. Avoiding drinking alcohol before bed can also help reduce snoring, as well as quitting smoking, which can aggravate airways. Maintaining a healthy weight, including exercise, is another effective option. In addition, establishing a regular sleeping pattern can help with snoring.
Plan Your Procedure
Stop Snoring Today
Who wants to snore? Nobody does. And your partner definitely doesn’t want to hear it. To restore sleep, your relationship, and your peace of mind, come into our Del Mar office to learn more about our snoring treatment options. We want to stop your snoring and get you back to restful sleep. Call our front desk today to schedule a consultation.